' NWA NAZA BLOG He’s over 30 and doesn’t want to be dad yet! | NWA NAZA BLOG


DearBunmi,

I’m 24 years old and my partner is 10 years older. We’ve been together for four years and agreed to have a family when we could afford it. Thank goodness we’re both working now. I think this is a good time to start our family, but he doesn’t seem interested. I know we can afford a baby and he needs to know he’s not getting younger. I love him so much and I want to have his baby more than anything. I’m still young, so should I move on and find someone who does want to have kids now? Lauren, by e-mail. Dear Lauren, If your partner’s truly not interested in having a baby, then in the end you’ll probably split up because your life aims are different. But if he’s asking for more time, then wait a while. I wonder why you want a baby so badly. Often, that means you want to get pregnant for the wrong reasons – you feel it would give you confidence, or love. For your sake, as well as the baby’s, make this decision calmly – rather than rushing into it. Though I agree with you that a man in his 30s should be thinking of settling down, he could dither up to the point of looking for a different partner.

Post a Comment

 
Top